The Southern Isabela General Hospital strives to make its Official Web Site accessible for all users, including people with disabilities.
We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so aim to adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
The SIGH website endeavours to conform to level A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.
These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
We will continue to develop the site in accordance with guidelines promoted by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Common keyboard shortcuts are applied here. However, here are the Accesskey assignments to help us navigate the site. Use the combined ALT + Accesskey + ENTER keys.
|Alt + 0||Accessibility Statement (this page)|
|Alt + 1||Goes back to Home Page|
|Alt + 2||Skip to main content|
|Alt + 5||Frequently Asked Questions|
|Alt + C||Contact Information|
|Alt + K||Send Feedback/Complaint Procedure (not operational)|
|Alt + M||Site Map|
|Alt + S||Search/Advanced Search|
GENERAL WEB SITE LAYOUT
The newly redesigned web pages are consistent with its design and column positions all throughout the web site. It uses the 2-column format. The site is now a Content Management System site using WordPress. It also applied the latest trend which is called Responsive Web Design. It means that the site can be viewed in any screen size and resolution without creating a separate page.
The design specifications are:
1. The top most bar has the Home, Transparency Seal, Programs and Projects, Accessibility, Contact Us and Search box for easier access.
2. The left column is composed of the Transparency Sea logo. which appears at the top left corner and under it is Google Calendar. The navigation links of pages are listed below the logo. The list of accessible websites also appear here.
3. The right column is composed of the following:
a. The Philippines Standard Time.
b. The Log-in Form which includes creating a new account, forgot your user name and forgot your password.
c. The Main Contents are Home, News and Events and its describe the following:
1. Bread crumbs or composed of link pages where the viewer is currently located
2. Anchor links appear on some pages. Clicking it would go directly to the title.
3. Reader Mode link appears on news articles only. Clicking it would direct you to a new page with a reader book style without clutters.
4. Content Area
5. Bottom Links
OTHER INSTRUCTIONS AND FEATURES
- All images have ALTERNATE text attributes. Decorative graphics appear on the CSS files.
- The website can be resized to any screen and font size.
- The website passed the recommended color contrast that are useful for those with poor vision.
- The website also passed the Accessibility Validation of AChecker Online Tool of WebSavvy Web Accessibility Services.